On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Carsten Ziegeler<cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Why not use OSGi properties, as suggested? They are persisted, so
>> after the next restart they will be applied (these settings only makes
>> sense after restarts, right?), and people can choose whether they will
>> use the OSGi config API, Felix webconsole or config nodes in the JCR
>> to change the settings (in order of availability).
>>
> Hmm not sure what you exactly mean by OSGi properties?
> If you mean configurations managed by the config admin,

Yes, I wanted to say "OSGi config properties" ;-)

> you have the
> problem that they might either not be delivered at all or might be
> delivered at the wrong point of time.

Could you elaborate? Does this mean the SlingMainServlet (or the
SlingStatus service if we separate it) could be activated without the
configuration available? I couldn't believe that as it sounds like it
would lead to lots of problems when services don't get their
configuration...

Regards,
Alex

--