Hi Kultex,

Yes, hal is deprecated upstream. Sakis3g is a good idea but we should try to
remove unnecessary dependencies like bash, tar, grep, bzip2. Otherwise, we
can provide it as a extra package in repos.

I guess a better idea is that we  just add Usb-modeswitch dependency instead
of hal-info. I think usb-modeswitch is lighter than hal-info. Then, just
change "tazhw setup 3g" to work along the lines of Sakis3g. Anyone
interested ??

> And where can I find the code for the gtk-dialog box, that pops up on the
> end of tazhw setup 3g-modem - I want to add a desktop-entry for dialing
and
> add this to the guides - I was searching in /usr/bin and usr/sbin, but I
> could not find it

I think you are looking for wvdialbox() in hwsetup in /sbin  or you can
clone slitaz-tools dir from repos and hwsetup is in tinyutils folder.

Rohit

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Indigo <[email protected]>wrote:

> > And where can I find the code for the gtk-dialog box, that pops up on the
> > end of tazhw setup 3g-modem - I want to add a desktop-entry for dialing
> and
> > add this to the guides - I was searching in /usr/bin and usr/sbin, but I
> > could not find it
>
> It's /usr/bin/gtkdialog, and there are examples you can use in
> /usr/share/examples/gtkdialog.
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to