HI Alexander,

I thought I will give a try to Alpine. Downloaded 193M iso. After booting, I
realized it boots to text only system. There is no xorg :-( . You need to
add xorg, xfce and everything else.

Rohit


On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Indigo <[email protected]>wrote:

> Here's an interesting tiny OS for old computers.  It uses uClibc and a
> custom replacement for init called snailit.  The whole OS is gzipped
> to 5.8megs and a minimal install is only 15megs.  Anything about it we
> can incorporate into Slitaz?  One thing that keeps it small is a
> customized 2.0 kernel that's a third the size of the 2.6 kernel, but
> maybe snailinit would be useful.  I don't know how big the regular
> init is, but this one has some extra functionality...
>
> http://www.polypux.org/
>
> http://www.polypux.org/projects/snailit/
>
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Alexander Medvedev <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >>we do have a Slitaz uClibc toolchain
> >
> > Ohh... Ok, I'll try to use it. Thanks.
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to