>Maybe something similar can be done for other things as > well. Like I've always wanted to create a simple GTK IRC client that > just works. Maybe I should create it for SliTaz to replace the terrible > lostirc.
maybe yad frontends for https://github.com/halhen/shic http://alge.anart.no/linux/scripts/bairc-1.3.bash On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Brenton Edgar Scott <[email protected]> wrote: > On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:30:03 -0700 > Indigo <[email protected]> wrote: >> Whatever the case, the KISS philosophy should be as much about >> usability as it is development. I'm one of the many users who wants a >> small, lightweight distro that works OOTB and has the basic features >> Slitaz already includes. > > I agree, SliTaz is probably as small as it can get without a major > overhaul. Using uclibc might work, but it will require recompiling > everything over into it to benefit from the smaller binaries it may > produce. > > Using compiled programs will only help as much as being able to cut out > the dialog programs like gtkdialog. It's not a really big space saver, > but the speed will be a noticeable. > > Ultimately, we should keep going back to the KISS philosophy like you > said. Just look at the route pankso took with the creation of TazWeb > and Tazpanel. We needed simpler and lighter solutions for both, so he > created them. Maybe something similar can be done for other things as > well. Like I've always wanted to create a simple GTK IRC client that > just works. Maybe I should create it for SliTaz to replace the terrible > lostirc. > > --- > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > > -- Thanx and regd's. Allan. http://www.in2dwok.com --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

