Hmmm, comparing compressed packages sizes (which can be comparable to iso compressed space used), you get the following: nano = 85kb leafpad = 34kb beaver = 69kb vi = none if busybox version is used
Interesting to note that nano is the biggest comparively. But this doesn't include the extra packages required by any of the packages. I still prefer nano over vi even though I've learned to use vi now for the likes of visudo. I also believe the kernel panic isn't directly SliTaz's fault. Just read the change log with each Linux Kernel release and note how much support gets drop to the way side. Sometimes it returns and sometimes it doesn't... I remember a certain bug with some bluetooth devices after their supporting code were dropped from the Kernel entirely. And yeah, this was on Ubuntu before you ask. I also believe the same about X.org issues. I have a friend that can't use the latest Ubuntu because of X.org auto-config issues. So as you can see, our problems aren't just our own. Other distros are suffering from the same problems and it shouldn't be used as an excuse not to release a RC. Alternatively, we could take the route of some Puppy distros and stick with an Older Kernel for better older hardware support. We can also use xvesa or tinyx to avoid using X.org completely. That will give us the ability to run on older hardware, but we'll lose out on the latest kernel bug fixes, the flexiablity that x.org offers (xvesa doesn't work with wide screen resolutions) and ultimately support for the latest hardware. Yep, we'd pretty much be Puppy or DSL... --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

