Hi, > VIDEO > Hi, i tried it on my machine (acer a0532h) and it didn't work: instead > of slim i could only see screen mess; also, i couldn't return to a > text console (ctrl+alt+F1); i could only blind typing reboot or > killall Xorg. > > So i thought there were some packages missing: > -libdrm-intel-2.4.23.tazpkg > -mesa-7.10.1.tazpkg > -mesa-dri-7.10.1.tazpkg > -mesa-dri-intel-7.10.1.tazpkg > -xorg-libXv-1.0.6.tazpkg > -xorg-libXvMC-1.0.6.tazpkg > -xorg-xf86-video-intel-2.14.0.tazpkg
You thought well I think. > So maybe to get i915 properly working with X are needed also those > packages above? note that the console was perfect, the issues regard > only X (and slim, and so the whole "boot process" for a first-try-user > of slitaz). What I was afraid appends, we cant get dri support with out a huge amount of packages. And we can't inlude Mesa in iso since we will grow a lot. I'm going to push my xorg-server-light and disable all dri/agp support. > I've attached a gzipped tar with all the informations needed. Yes thanks a lot I scanned all file and definitly we need mesa and friends to handle correctly dri. > WIFI > Only needed to restart network.sh with the correct .conf and it > works! :) Cool! > TAZWEB and BROWSERS > Tazweb doesn't support gmail text-boxes, nor i can do ctrl+c from > tazpanel; firefox couldn't start due to missing lib. (but doesn't > matter, i was only interested in video and wifi, i know this is only a > test). Yep I add it just to have a simple browser, it will not be the default browser, Midori is perfect for that. - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

