Hi Daniele, > > Make me nearly cry... What is strange is that now we use > > CONFIG_M386 but if I do a 'uname -a' I got i686. I say that because > > we though these kernel panic came from our new kernel and the > > config M486, but it seems not. > > > > But is uname's output of 686 related to CONFIG_M**386***? i think > not, uname -m prints out machine processor, i think config_M486 > is an optimization; have you tried with i386? and what about > CONFIG_X86_GENERIC?
My bad it look like you correct an uname -a on stable give me also i686 (i was disturbed by a forum post on the subject that I can't find anymore) Yes I tried i386, it is the current processor type. On all slitaz you can check kernel configuration since it is stored in /proc/config.gz. We have CONFIG_X86_GENERIC: $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_X86_GENERIC - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

