Hi, Pascal Bellard! Hi, Christophe Lincoln! (Please, read this mail in UTF-8 encoding)
I want to defend my point of view. To Pascal: ---------- I saw your last commit: http://hg.slitaz.org/slitaz-forge/rev/a870612e2065 You change: * Dépendances to Dépendances * inversé to inversé * être to être * etc. Please do not do it! We are international community project, yes? Of course! And we should use UTF-8? Absolutely! Please, tell me another encoding that fit French, German, Russian and Chinese at the same time, on the same page... I don't know why, but you (I mean SliTaz authors & maintainers) like to create new pages in ISO-8859-1 (West-European). When I translate this page to Russian, I don't use ISO-8859-5 (or windows CP-1251, or KOI-8R, etc...) I use UTF-8. It's standard de facto for any international project. Please, see sources of the current site: http://pkgs.slitaz.org/ You can see the line: <meta charset="utf-8" /> And on the page http://pkgs.slitaz.org/?lang=fr we can see that source line too. We use UTF-8 and HTML5. When we write page in UTF-8 we don't need to put to html code any HTML entities like ê or – etc. We can write ANY symbol to sources DIRECTLY. ONLY, please, open sources in UTF-8 (not in ISO-8859-1) and go ahead... Thank you for reading up to this point ;) Now, let we open sources of http://hg.slitaz.org We use xHTML and ... no charset?! Any?! To Christophe: -------------- It seems that this is a job for You. Please, add this line to the html head in the template: <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Now, when I open one of my commits, I see the lines: http://hg.slitaz.org/slitaz-forge/rev/d239045a74c4 ... 1.41 + <a href="../fr/">Français</a> 1.42 + <a href="../pt/">Português</a> 1.43 + <a href="../ru/">РуÑÑкий</a> ... And, when I choose UTF-8 in my browser, these lines transformed to: ... 1.41 + <a href="../fr/">Français</a> 1.42 + <a href="../pt/">Português</a> 1.43 + <a href="../ru/">Русский</a> ... Good! But I (and you too) want to switch to UTF-8 all the time. Christophe, please, add UTF-8 to the Hg. -- Yours sincerely, Aleksej Bobylev -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

