Hi Aleksej, > We are international community project, yes? Of course! > And we should use UTF-8? Absolutely!
Yes we are :-) > I don't know why, but you (I mean SliTaz authors & maintainers) like > to create new pages in ISO-8859-1 (West-European). When I translate > this page to Russian, I don't use ISO-8859-5 (or windows CP-1251, or > KOI-8R, etc...) I use UTF-8. It's standard de facto for any > international project. Because year ago I did the first website pages in ISO and often we a dev create a new page he does a cp of an old page and dont use the new utf-8 standart and HTML 5 I want to have on all slitaz sites. > Please, see sources of the current site: http://pkgs.slitaz.org/ > You can see the line: > <meta charset="utf-8" /> > And on the page http://pkgs.slitaz.org/?lang=fr we can see that > source line too. We use UTF-8 and HTML5. Yes I know, I'm the one who moved search to UTF-8 :-) But it was a first commit, of course we have to remove all these variables and use gettext! TEXTDOMAIN=tazpkg-web > When we write page in UTF-8 we don't need to put to html code any > HTML entities like ê or – etc. We can write ANY symbol to > sources DIRECTLY. ONLY, please, open sources in UTF-8 (not in > ISO-8859-1) and go ahead... Nope you must use HTML entities or W3C will not validate the page. > To Christophe: > -------------- > It seems that this is a job for You. Please, add this line to the > html head in the template: > <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; > charset=utf-8" /> I missed that one! File are in slitaz-dev-tools/slitaz-mercurial-style and must be updated anyway with pro, shop header links > Yours sincerely, > Aleksej Bobylev I saw all the commits you did in website, impressive! I'm happy to have someone helping on thta side! - Christophe -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

