sorry - but there is quite a good forum for Tiny Core !!!!! and as I rememberthere is just in their App Browser down left a possibility to choose, if you want to download the App only for the session or permanent - but of course you have to make Tinycore permanent before - but thats all written in their howto
And when you have a Toshiba Laptop, there are anways troubles with Linux, because Toshiba has no interest in Linux - they do no choose components, who are Linux compatible compared to IBM or Dell.... My Portege R100 never worked out of the box with any Linux Distribution - even with Ubuntu. I always had to correct xorg.conf But when you have working distributions, take there xorg configuration, lode the same modules and it will work in slitaz - very easy Thomas Am Wed, 9 May 2012 11:29:25 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Terry Maiden <[email protected]>: > Tiny Core would be fine if I could figure out how to make a > persistent file system so that when I download and install a browser > it doesn't go away when I take Tiny Core down. Its useless to me to > have to sit an hour or more while I have to do all the downloads over > each day. I am just not very skilled with this stuff. > > --- On Wed, 5/9/12, Mariusz Wojcik <[email protected]> wrote: > > > From: Mariusz Wojcik <[email protected]> > > Subject: Re: Slitaz vs DSL > > To: [email protected] > > Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 12:57 PM > > Am 2012-05-09 04:08, schrieb Terry > > Maiden: > > > Was going thru a bunch of old CDs I made some time > > ago. Found several that had Damn Small Linux on > > them. The last "3" version and the last "4" > > version. I was shocked how quick and easy they were to > > load and run. Much faster than the latest versions of > > Puppy and faster than Slitaz (sorry). Both had good > > versions of Firefox and both came up 1024x768 without my > > having to do anything to get that. > > > > > I can't hear Damn Small Linux anymore. DSL is dead due > > infighting the project originators and developers. Good Idea > > for you is to go over to Tiny Core Linux and leave me in > > peace with Damn Small Linux. > > Thanks, > > Mariusz Wojcik > > > > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > > > > > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

