On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:52:57 -0700 (PDT) Terry Maiden <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think I know how the LowRam version works, my question is how low > can the available ram be? > > What is the purpose of the LowRam-cdrom version? Its considerably > larger. What additional software is available? How low can it go in > ram as well? > Depends on which version you're using. It's the same as the default iso, only it doesn't extract everything to the ramfs or tempfs which uses less RAM as a result. I believe loram uses a bit of HDD or SWAP space to work. loram-cdrom on the majority of the file system on the CD and mostly just uses the RAM it needs to boot. The minimum RAM requirement should be about 48MB for loram and about 24MB for loram-cdrom, but I'll put the recommended RAM specs as 64MB for loram and 32MB for loram-cdrom. -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

