Is Nimrod have been choose regarding the global and long term needs of slitaz 
compared to all the aviable programing language ? i thing that the way it soud 
be done. 

aslo is it possible to make a flavor with nimrod to let the people see and 
decide later to include it on the main distro. i think that coud be a way to 
let people try and decide before.

Finnaly, in the past, some people hade keept informations, code, and acces to 
exerce authority on others devlopers and project(i dont say that was a good 
thing or not ).but this is a fact.

 using compiled code allow oportunity to keep source code hidden. this have to 
be considered.  




 
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected] 
> Subject: Re: Nimrod
> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:33:49 +0300
> 
> From: Alexander Medvedev
> 21.07.2012 13:52
> 
> > Looks nice and fast.. Even though I hate using binaries, where preperly
> >optimized shell scripts are sufficient.
> 
> There a number ways how to write shell scripts. For solving certain problem 
> you can use 'awk' or 'grep' and 'sed', etc. All these are binaries, isn't it?
> 
> I creare more special binaries for solving speed issue in the TazPanel. And I 
> pack this binaries into one multy-binary file like busybox's way.
> 
> Currently development is in 'nim-tools' in the SliTaz Hg repos. There you can 
> find newest version of my code. I optimised 'list' (My Packages) procedure 
> and speed up it 2 times more; implemented errors (currently in 'e3' package's 
> description) checking; implemented fast list of available locales.
> 
> And, I want to say that my experiment shows me 500 (not 5, as Trixar_za 
> posted) times faster execution of scripts. I know that our light TazWeb needs 
> about a 10s to render long-long table with all available packages, but it's 
> not my code issue. I'll experiment with static layout of table, where table 
> cells have constant width, maybe it'll speed rendering.
> 
> 
> -- 
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
> 
                                          

Reply via email to