I needed GNU coreutils rm for the safe-rm package I am playing with. I
thought that the coreutils-8.12 meta package would install it, but no luck.

Found rm in coreutils-operations, but it was commented out.

In order to fix this, I discovered:
building coreutils-operations requires:
automake
gmp-dev

While I was in the receipt, I changed the short description to list the
busybox commands replaced by package.
I can change the short descriptions of all the sub coreutils packages if
you want?

rm and cd were commented out in order to complete installation of other
packages.

I changed the receipt to put the files in /usr/bin until replacing busybox
versions in post_install

safe-rm receipt is also functioning and prevents deletion of folders by
using a perl wrapper script that warns you.

You can bypass it by using the absolute path /bin/rm

Where should I put these receipts or tazpkgs for review?

Thanks

Adam

website for safe-rm: www.safe-rm.org.nz

Reply via email to