Hi, Christophe!
Nice to see you again.

I can't complete understand.

On your local system you should have gtk+3 in the wok with all the new
> dependencies also in it (last atk, pango, etc). But last atk, pango and
> friends are not compatible with GTK 2 and the current version in
> cooking. If you upgrade them in cooking it will break GTK 2.
>

I not upgraded "last atk, pango and friends". I builded gtk+3 package using
*current* cooking/rolling versions of them. Is it mean that recooking of
gtk+2 will fail?

Or I cooked not working version of gtk+3? I don't know how to test it. I
installed my gtk+3 and gtk+3-demo on my rolling system and run gtk+3-demo,
and it works fine. Or it was not gtk+3-demo, but dtk+2-demo? How can I
identify it?


> You are using cookutils NOT the old Tazwok, this wiki tutorial is out
> of date, please refer to the cookutils docs in Hg or installed on your
> system.
>

Oh sorry, really.

That said I think it is a very BAD idea to add gtk+3 in the cooking
> wok. It will break everyting.


If you say that it is BAD idea, ok, I'll move gtk+3 back to wok-undigest.

Or you have to make atk3 atk3-dev, pango3
> pango3-dev, etc, and make SURE it will not overwrite some current
> packages such as atk, pango, etc needed by gtk+ (version 2).
>

I already asked about current atk, pango, etc. and gtk+2. Do we need to
downgrade current atk, pango, etc.?

I leaved gtk+3 in undigest because it is a huge migration and we should
> do slitaz 5.0 with gtk+ 2 only. After that we can upgrade and then
> rename all current atk, pango, gtk+ to gtk+2 since some applications
> are not yet ported to the new gtk+3.
>

wok-stable is for SliTaz 4.0
wok is for SliTaz 5.0
wok-undigest is for SliTaz 6.0 (and other experimental things).

But, if we move wok-undigest to gtk+3 and friends, then we'll have no
ability to develop experimental things for gtk+2!

So, gtk+3 is for SliTaz-2015 only :(

Reply via email to