> Hi, Christophe! > Nice to see you again. Hi Aleksej,
Not much time but I'm always here! > I not upgraded "last atk, pango and friends". I builded gtk+3 package > using *current* cooking/rolling versions of them. Is it mean that > recooking of gtk+2 will fail? Fine, last time I cooked gtk+3 I had to upgrade atk, pango and friends to make it build and then, yes, gtk+2 fails to build if I remember well. But if we can build both gtk+ version with the same atk, pango and friends version it's fine! > Or I cooked not working version of gtk+3? I don't know how to test > it. I installed my gtk+3 and gtk+3-demo on my rolling system and run > gtk+3-demo, and it works fine. Or it was not gtk+3-demo, but dtk > +2-demo? How can I identify it? Maybe it's ok, run 'ldd /usr/bin/gtk+3-demo' to see if it's linked with the gtk+3 library.Current gtk+ 2 provide /usr/bin/gtk-demo and we must have a /usr/bin/gtk3-demo to make them live together on the same system, maybe we must rename it. Actually if you run ldd on gtk-demo it will show you that it is linked with pango-1.0, glib-2.0, gtk-2.0, etc: libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 > If you say that it is BAD idea, ok, I'll move gtk+3 back to > wok-undigest. Maybe not if it dont make conflict and to much work to make them live together. > wok-stable is for SliTaz 4.0 > wok is for SliTaz 5.0 > wok-undigest is for SliTaz 6.0 (and other experimental things). > > But, if we move wok-undigest to gtk+3 and friends, then we'll have no > ability to develop experimental things for gtk+2! > > So, gtk+3 is for SliTaz-2015 only :( In the same time, upgrading to gtk+3 will add some MB to the core system and as I said some apps are not yet ported so we may need to have gtk+2 and gtk+3 on the core ISO... thing that we dont want and have to avoid. I think we need more tests. But is it the good time ? I guess we should focus on making a new official cooking ISO for users. And we need a release team, since I dont have time and energy actually to make one. - Christophe -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

