i'm not really sure of the answer to dave's ? but I know that the end of
th's french inhale was ripped off fr sloan's marcus said (the way they
used to play it, not the way it was recorded...i think it was sort of a
joke) but I guess that's common knowledge so instead i'll talk about the
cinnamon toast bbq held in hfx on sun pm...
 we arrived at about 3pm to find things just getting underway with dusty
sorbet (turned out to be bob of bob & benn who had just arrived home after
driving the van on the plumtree tour)...he did an acoustic set (his
parents were there yayy!) & was followed by the chinstraps (kevin? ex of
merge on guitar + a drummer with a headband...I heard them compared to
purple knight & coyote...abrasive & guttural).  I missed trike :(  Piggy
were interesting...apparently most of the members (including
cello?/sax/clarinet/vibrqaphone & various percussion) had been recruited
hours before so it sounded like a couple of warring dixieland bands..1
person i know thought it was a little too weird (art!) but most of the kids
were really into it...it was about this time that a bus painted to look
like a giant bug arrived & started selling "frozen bug...not recommended"
($2...they had cool sparkly stickers bearing the logo for sale too).
..lukas of rebecca west bought 1 (plastic bugs encased in a slab of
ice "hey this is going to melt"...."thats why its not recommended":)
ET's julie performed next as broken girl (her 1st show acoustically since
the esquire in moncton in june)....she told stories about benji attacking
her guitar & did very quiet songs including a couple fr her sappy 7".
Plumtree were jangly & much the same as at edgefest...this was their 2nd
last show before nina leaves. Rebecca West played a lot of new angry
songs (or it might have been that allison's voice was just a little
hoarse)...their set was cut short b/c a tube blew in an amp. The event was
held in back of the himalaya warehouse (the home of cinnamon toast too?)
near the train tracks where all of the empty lysol containers can be found
(this was back in the CN no trespassing area...whoops) & though the
setting wasn't as pictuesque as last yr (pt pleasant pk) it was still a
burger flippin' hula hoopin' sitting on a piece of cardboard good time:)
sleep well. hugs to all.....................................love kat

PS sorry for the lack of song titles above...i have a terrible memory...
PPS anyone know anything about a thrush hermit show in windsor NS this sat
night?