wow i'm tired, yet restless at the same time, so i guess this
explains why i'm at my computer at 3:30 in the morning, huh? well, i just
got home from seeing thrush hermit for the first time since edgefest (or
stevemillerfest), as opposed to my friend ian, who hadn't seen them since
they opened for sloan at camaro's cafe in 1992.
        theush hermit have some new songs up their sleeves that just keep
getting better and better. songs like "north dakota" and "at my expense"
really bring out the early kiss sound (two thumbs up!). of course
there's always the "great pacific..." stuff like "every morning..." and
"25 all right", and then "hated it", which i haven't heard them do in
awhile:) all in all, they played about 15 songs in 45 minutes. they then
came out and did an encore set of two songs....the ever popular (among
the redneck contingent there) "jet airliner" by some 70's guy;) and "the
great pacific ocean". it was a really good show. my question is why
weren't there more people on the floor? i was really getting sick of the
three or four rednecks up front wolf-wistling, sticking beer bottles
in front of our camera and falling around. general annoyance. ther WERE
people on the floor, but everyone was just standing there for the most
part until the encore set.
        oh well...my bed calls to me. also gotta find something to soothe
my sunburn. i kinda got a "redneck" myself;)

shant:)