taken from Stylus Magazine out of Winnipeg Manitoba...

State Champs
Nevada Downs 7''
Daydream Records

"These Halifax boys wear their indie rock influences on their sleeves -
and i bet you the sleeves belong to slightly shrunken T-shirts with
ribbing around the neck and arms and perhaps a glittery Star Wars iron
on adorning the front. That's ok, cause the 4 slack little lo-fi numbers on
this record are quite cool, especially Teen Circuit (although gaited
Dancer is shall we say homage to pavement). better that then paying
homage to tom cochrane or something. available for $5 from daydream
records (p.o. box 29057, halifax shopping centre, halifax, NS, b3l 478)
or for slightly less from endearing records (in winnipeg - p.o. box 69009
tuxedo park post office, 2025 corydon avenue, winnipeg, mb, r3p 2g9)."

thank you, this has been a public service announcement (a "psa" to those
of us in the biz) for Daydream Records. Buy our records, be cool.

personal friend of lou barlow,
Tara Lee Wittchen