As a person in PEI, the province lacking a big music scene, I was
really looking forward to what MuchEast had to offer on the Ch'town
based show...what a huge let down...that show was a load of bullshit.
First of all, he covers two things that are anything but typical of
the local scene...the only good band from here that he saw was
SuperCar...TPOH though an excellent band has absolutely nothing to do
with PEI except for the fact that they played the barn (I did
like the interview though...just a funny thing...when Moe and
Brad walked into the lounge a couple guys said "Hey look...it's
those guys from the Odds video!"  shoulda seen them laugh =) )...and
I'm sure you can all guess how often we have CD releases over here...
Strawberry has recorded their first CD and it is coming out next year
but does he even think about talking about them?? no...i guess it
just isn't logical to put on the island's best band (when I
asked him he said he didn't get in touch with them to do
it...Deidre was like 3 feet away...I'm sure he could have
gotten a sound byte or two)...instead it is full of cover bands that
have one whole song of their own that was put on a compilation
disk...how lame is that?...and the buddy from adam's eve that said
you have to do covers to make it here is so full of shit i nearly
fell out of my seat laughing...there are plenty of bands here that do
their own material and they get booked into the barn...which is the
best venue...Myron's is definitely not...that is probably the first
and last time any of the bands on that comp disc will play Myron's
anyways...they only go for bands on a grandeur scale (for instance
they want to book Kim Mitchell from what I
understand...haha...*great* friggin venue =) )

Well...enough of my ranting...I just think that it sucks that this
was the reason that MuchEast came over here....to show a totally
distorted view of how things really are...just doesn't cut it with
me...

Melissa