Just to be different.

1. Yo La Tengo | Electro-Pura
                 -- Is anyone right now putting out more consistently
                    wonderful and beautiful music?  This album is
                    simply amazing, even better then 'Painful'.

2. Palace      | Viva Last Blues
                 -- In some ways their weakest, but still a brilliant
                    album.  Palace is probably the answer to my question
                    above, last years S/T is still probably my favourite
                    album.

3. Pram        | Saragasso Sea
                 --  Saw them play in England this summer, was sort of
                     impressed, but this album is really damn good.
                     Imagine stereolab with a jazzy/expiremental feel.

4. Superfriendz | Mock up / Scale Down
                 -- Simply rocks, what a great album.

5. Stereolab | Refried Ectoplasm [Switched on Vol. II]
                 -- I know it's a compilations, but..  Great album,
                    as always.  Exploding Head Movie is one of the
                    best songs I've ever heard.

6. Elevator to Hell | S/T
                      -- First side is absolute genius, second side is
                         absolute garbage, Rick seems to have gotten
                         more inconsistent with his songwriting lately.

7. Joy Division | Permanence
                 -- Another compilation, but..  Good, although I'm not
                    enough of a fan to know if this is a good
                    representation, and it is pretty inconsistent.

8. Bugskull |    Phantasies and Sensations
                 -- Neat noise band from Portland, this album might
                    go up a lot as I listen to it more, I know some
                    of my indie rock obsessive friends have it as #1.

9. Mouse on Mars | S/T
                 --  Cool ambient stuff on Too Pure from Germany. Only
                     have had this for a week, so bit unfair.

10. Hayden      | Everthing I Long For
                  -- Kind of on for lack of anything else to put here.
                     This album is twice as long as it has to be, and
                     there's so much garbage on here, although there's
                     enough cool stuff to carry it through.

--
'There was this man in a book I read/Who can't handle his own head/'
'So what the hell am I supposed to do' - Kristin Hersh