From: Nina Riihiaho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 1) best east-coast band
erics trip

> 2) best non-east-coast band
foo fighters
the inbreds
sonic youth

> 3) best east-coast LP
um, _mock up, scale down_ i guess :)

> 4) best non-east-coast LP
_melon collie and the infinite sadness_ by smashing pumpkins
_foo fighters_ by yeah, them
_...and out come the wolves_ by rancid

> 5) best east-coast EP or single
does the erics trip 7" on sonic unyon count?

> 6) best non-east-coast EP or single
_ask for it_ by hole (EP)
oh, and i like that freaking "Lump" song by Presidents of the USA

> 7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)
fugazi, september sometime, porter hall, carleton university, ottawa

> 8) best video (EC or non)
um, "friends of P" is cool
and that bjork video for "it's oh so quiet" is nifty

well those are my picks :)
buhbye, and happy freaking holidays
cheers!

NiNa

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (marc)

>1) best east-coast band
        Eric's Trip
        Thrush Hermit
        Superfriendz
        (Are Sloan still an East Coast band--Best non-existenst East Coast Band)

2) best non-east-coast band
        Space Needle
        Archers of Loaf
        Sebadoh

>3) best east-coast LP
        SuperFriendz--Mock Up Scale Down
        Elevator to Hell--Elevator to Hell

>4) best non-east-coast LP
        Space Needle--Voyager
        Archers of Loaf--Vee Vee
        Wooden Stars

>5) best east-coast EP or single
        Thrush Hermit--Great Pacific Ocean
        Sloan--Same Old Flame 7"
        Orange Glass--fate, wait a day,etc...

>6) best non-east-coast EP or single
        Helium--Superball
        Snailhouse(sappy 7")
        Grifters--Eureka ep

>7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)
        Sloan--Birdland, July 30(I think)  (The Local Rabbits were great
that night too)
        The Inbreds--Esquire, Moncton, last May
        His Luscious Uncle--Bazooka Fest,Sackville, July 9(Maybe)
        (I wasn't there but I'm sure that the Space Needle show at the pop
explosion would have been the         best)

>8) best video (EC or non)
        Archers of Loaf--Harnessed in Slums(gotta love the bingo scene)
        Superfriendz--10lbs

Merry Christmas everybody!!

:)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (bruce wheeler)

1) best east-coast band - superfriendz
                          sloan
                          jale

2)best non east coast band - Weeping Tile
                             Treble Charger

3)best east coast lp - super friendz- mock up /scale down

4)best non east coast lp - Weeping Tile- cold snap
                           treble charger - self title

5)best east coast ep - sloan - stood up/same old flame
jale - closed (dunno if it's 95)

6)best non east coast ep - weeping tile - eePee
                          hayden - mild and hazy

7)best live performance- the caspers/rheostatics/treble charger/ the
watchmen @                         queens U. sept 16 95

8) best video - Just- radiohead
                even grable - treble charger
                red - treble charger

     _James R. Covey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>_    sloan net is a discussion of the
 ___| | ___   __ _ _ __      _ __   ___| |_  halifax / east coast music scene
/ __| |/ _ \ / _` | '_ \    | '_ \ / __| __| [un]subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\__ \ | |_| | |_| | | | |   | | | |  __| |_  to post to the list send mail to
Zedd recordZ/daydream records po box 29057 hfx shopping centre hfx NS B3L 4T8