Is there a way to have subscribers with no direct SQL access to the provider ?

The provider write the data on the subscribers directly.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : slony1-general-boun...@lists.slony.info
[mailto:slony1-general-boun...@lists.slony.info] De la part de Stéphane
Schildknecht
Envoyé : mardi 10 novembre 2015 14:45
À : slony1-general@lists.slony.info
Objet : Re: [Slony1-general] Network connection from slaves to the master

On 10/11/2015 14:03, TOINEL, Ludovic wrote:
> Thanks Andrew,
>
> We are not allowed to have network connection from the slaves to the master
> (for security constraints).

You really should think about a VPN between nodes. It would simplify your
architecture.

But, in theory, subscriber nodes could be on a DMZ. They can be accessed by
daemons, but you don't need them to access providers.
Your daemons would run on a node that can access every other node.

BTW, there are no real master and slaves in Slony. There are nodes, which can
be subscribers (receiving modifications readonly), and providers (read/write).
And you can have a subscriber of a set that is provider of another.

 Only master can communicate with slaves.

--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone Loxodata - Conseil,