On 11/10/2015 08:03 AM, TOINEL, Ludovic wrote:
> Thanks Andrew,
>
> We are not allowed to have network connection from the slaves to the master
> (for security constraints). Only master can communicate with slaves.
> We need database on slaves with mix replicates tables and read/write tables.

I presume that this is a restriction on your routers or gateways and
that the initiating SYN packet for a new TCP connection cannot come from
what you envision to be the Slave.

If that is correct, you can run all the slon daemons on what you
consider the Master. All TCP connections are then initiated from the
Master. This has little to no effect on how Slony functions.

Regards, Jan

> The solution could be maybe that solution using a slony master has an Hot
> standby of a master protected somewhere ?
>
> [slony slaves] <-----> [slony master - Standby node] <----(log
> shipping)--|firewall|-- [master protected somewhere]
>
> Do you think this solution can work with slony ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ludovic Toinel

Jan Wieck
Senior Software Engineer