On Fri, 21 Jul 2017, Tignor, Tom wrote:

                Hello again, Slony-I community,

                After our last missing path issue, we’ve taken a new interest
in keeping all our path/conninfo
data up to date. We have a cluster running with 7 nodes. Each has conninfo to
all the others, so we expect N=7;
N*(N-1) = 42 paths. We’re having persistent problems with our paths for node 4.
Node 4 itself has fully accurate
path data. However, all the other nodes have missing or inaccurate data for
node-4-client conninfo. Specifically:
node 1 shows:

                         1 |         4 | <event pending>            |
10

                For the other five nodes, the node-4-client conninfo is just
missing. In other words, there are no
pa_server=X, pa_client=4 rows in sl_path for these nodes. Again, the node 4 DB
itself shows all the paths we
expect.

                Does anyone have thoughts on how this is caused and how it
could be fixed? Repeated “store path”
operations all complete without errors but do not change state. Service
restarts haven’t worked either.

When you issue a store path command with line client=4 server=X

slonik connects to db4 and
A) updates sl_path
B) creates an event in sl_event of ev_type=STORE_PATH with ev_origin=4

This event then needs to propogate to the other nodes in the network.

When this event propogates to the other nodes then the remoteWorkerThread_4 in each of the other nodes will process this STORE_PATH entry, and you should see a
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=X pa_client=4

message in each of the other slons.

If this happens you should see the actual path in sl_path. Since your not I assume that this isn't happening.

Where on the chain of events are things breaking down?

Do you have other paths from other nodes with  client=[X,Y,Z] server=4

Steve

                Thanks in advance,

                Tom    ☺