On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, zayasj1 via Slony1-general wrote:

I want to confirm a few things first

Your are saying that you have two clusters, $CLUSTER was set to 'cluster1' and 'cluster2'.

and when you do

select * from  _cluster1.sl_set;

you see your two sets

and

select * from _cluster2.sl_set;

you see some other sets.

Are you running slon daemons for both clusters, or just 1?

Has the subscription + mergeset completed for one of the clusters?
Has it completed for both?

Is your question how you can you drop cluster2 ? Or something else?

      I am having an issue with Slony replication. I was doing a merge of new
tables that needed to be
      replicated and my connection died in mid-process (forgot to set in a
screen session). Now I have
      temporary clusters in both my primary and backup table. When I go into
pgAdmin, I can't seem to
      drop these temporary clusters. Does someone know of a way to do this in a
shell script? I ran a
      make-merge script to get the list of tables I wanted to update. Due to
the size of some of those
      tables, I was doing them one at a time to make sure I wasn't impacting
anything. During this
      process, the replication setup broke

relevant code from my shell script to feed to slonik as follow:

cluster name = $CLUSTER;

​node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB1 host=$H1 user=$U port=$P password=$W';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB2 host=$H2 user=$U port=$P password=$W';

​create set (id=2, origin=1, comment='temporary cluster');

​set add table (set id=2, origin=1, id=363, fully qualified name =
'public.table1');
set add sequence (set id=2, origin=1, id=364, fully qualified name =
'public.table1_id_seq');

​subscribe set(id=2, provider=1,receiver=2);
merge set(id=1, add id=2,origin=1);

I figured there has to be a way to run a similar type of script that would let
me drop the temporary
cluster based on the "set" details, but have never had the pgadmin GUI not work
for me, so kinda stuck.
Anyone else ever deal with this?

Many thanks,
Javier