On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Lane, Richard M wrote:

> 
> Having spent he last year using a lovely Sun keyb every day
> at work, I can no longer stand using standard PC keyboards.

Yeaaaaah.....  I know exactly what you mean.

> Probably an FAQ, but can I use a Sun keyb on my PC? (I have
> access to plenty of spare keybds). If I can't I may get myself
> a "happy hacker", though I actually use the arrow keys +
> home / end / ins / pgup / pgdn I could probably live without them.

There's a little gizmo you can buy that lets the Sun type5 keyboard 
adapt to a PC DIN connector.  you can't just use any connector 
as it has to be wired correctly....

I think I saw these in a Black Box catalogue as well as a 
PAWS one.   Sun sells the gizmo too, but it costs a lot for 
what you get.....


rachel

Rachel Polanskis                 University of Western Sydney, Nepean
Senior UNIX Admin                PO Box 10, Kingswood NSW 2747
Systems && Operations            Information Technology Services, Kingswood
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Phone: +61 (0247) 360 291

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to