A word of warning re the BlackBox ServeView device...

We have one running a Sun Ultra enterprise 2, two NT servers and 4 LinuxPPC
boxes running on Mac G3's.  We have a PC keyboard, mouse and monitor.  The
LinuxPPC boxes work fine when the inital lilo-style boot manager comes up -
ie the keyboard and mouse both work.  Once it boots to Linux, however, the
keyboard and mouse are both ignored.  We called Black Box in the US, they
have no idea what the problem is - I believe they actually blame the
keyboard & mouse handler in LinuxPPC.  The NT and Solaris boxes are fine.

Does someone else run a similar config?

Andrew

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Friday, 10 December 1999 11:46
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [SLUG] Sun keyb on PC?
> 
> 
> 
> "Lane, Richard M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Having spent he last year using a lovely Sun keyb every day
> > at work, I can no longer stand using standard PC keyboards.
> > 
> > Probably an FAQ, but can I use a Sun keyb on my PC? (I have
> > access to plenty of spare keybds). If I can't I may get myself
> > a "happy hacker", though I actually use the arrow keys +
> > home / end / ins / pgup / pgdn I could probably live without them.
> 
> if you can scrounge a "serve-view" switch type thing (to connect
> multiple boxes up to one monitor/keyboard/mouse) you can do it.
> At one site we have pc boxes, an ultra5, a 450 and a compaq NT pc
> all connected to a blackbox serveview and a Sun monitor,
> keyboard and mouse and they all work.
> 
> Dave.
> PS. sparc5 blanking plate?
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to