Quick question,
What's the difference between source RPMS and normal RPMS, apart
from the obvious (being binary vs. source)?
If I installed any given software with it's SRPM, does that add it
to the RPM database as *package* installed?
Say I decided to upgrade that package later, could I download the
RPM and do a rpm blah.rpm -Uvh and everything would be cool?
I guess more importantly to my question, if I needed to install
some software that relied on the presence of the first installed
(and of course compiled) SRPM, would it be happy knowing that it's
there?
Having SRPMS update the RPM db and do the additional useful stuff
would make sense to me... Surely they're not just a pseudo-swanky
way to distribute your average (some might argue)
extra-functionality-less tar.gz?
Thanks all,
- Jeff
-------------------------------------------------------------------
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: rsn
i: 16341281 (jdub!)
q: "For a list of ways detailing how technology has failed to
improve our lives, please press 3."
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text