I have an odd problem with an Archive Viper 2150S tape drive. It's probably a hardware fault, but maybe not. It can read from and write to the tapes OK, but can only get about 8.5MB on each tape. They're supposed to hold 150MB. It looks like the drive is writing at a much lower than normal density, because the whole tape is being used to store the 8.5MB (and 4MB uses about half the tape). I've tried it on three different Linux systems, with two different types of SCSI controller and three different kernels (2.0.32, 2.0.36 and 2.2.11), and I've even tried it on NT too, with the same results each time, so it's unlikely to be software. Anyone seen anything like this before and know how to fix it? Anyone got one of these drives lying around that they want to sell cheap? Cheers, John -- whois [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with unsubscribe in the text
