>Further to the message from earlier today about DVD and DeCSS and
>apparently co-incidental to it, I just received a letter from the MPAA
>asking me to remove DeCSS from our site.

Does that mean I have to remove it from mine too?

Hang on, they dn't have jurisdiction over here and they didn't write the
code and legally the copyright law here now permits us to reverse engineer
any technology we wish, providing we don't infringe on the rights of the
forward engeineered works.

As DeCSS doesn't infringe on the forward engineering, we're most entitled
to do as we wish to develop whatever technogies we like.

Grant I'm sure you are developing ENCODING software for your prorietary DVD
system right?

Perhaps the MPAA had better check up on Australian Laws first :)


--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to