There used to be a little quirk in Linux with dhcp where you need an entry
in /etc/hosts like:

255.255.255.255         all-ones.localdomain    all-ones

I don't know whether this still applies, and I cannot recall where it is
doco'd, but it is worth a try.

Howard.
______________________________________________________
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Stephen Graham wrote:

> Hi
> 
> A relatively easy one.
> 
> I have an eth card linked up to a cable, and so far have only been able
> to use dhclient to get it working
> 
> When I set the card to load on boot, that load fails, and I think that
> is because RH uses dhcpcd as the default DHCP client. How can I change
> this?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Stephen
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to