On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Stephen Graham wrote:
> I have an eth card linked up to a cable, and so far have only been able
> to use dhclient to get it working
>
> When I set the card to load on boot, that load fails, and I think that
> is because RH uses dhcpcd as the default DHCP client. How can I change
> this?
No, RedHat use their own DHCP client, called pump. I've also found it
unreliable.
If dhcpcd works for you (run "/sbin/dhcpcd eth0" and it returns more or
less straight away with a valid eth0 configuration) then convert to use it
permanently by editing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup to run
"/sbin/dhcpcd eth0" instead of /sbin/pump, and by editing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifdown to run "/sbin/dhcpcd -k eth0"
instead of its call to pump.
I don't know of any other way to use a different dhcp client.
Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd
PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED], Tel: +61 2 9698 2322, Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
"I think it would be a good idea." Gandhi, on Western Civilisation.
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text