Hi all,

I have just had to change from my old gettyps modem indials, to the new
fancy mgetty setup.

I have it all working and dialing in, that is no issue. But now that I am
using the autoPPP side of mgetty, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten
me in the way I could implement static ip address allocations to dialup
users. ie. george gets 192.168.1.55 and bob gets 192.168.1.56 depending on
who logs on to the line at that time, they get there own static ip. I do
recall seeing someones config ages, but I never took note.

No real hurry on this, but if someone could point me in the right direction
I will be sure to make the changes tomorrow night. And attempt to get it
working to how you all tell me it might work.

With gettyps, I use to run a shell script called ppp, that feed some
parameters to the the calling of pppd. But as I said things change when you
use the nice autoppp feature of mgetty :)

Cheers
Michael

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to