On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Michael wrote:

> users. ie. george gets 192.168.1.55 and bob gets 192.168.1.56 depending on
> who logs on to the line at that time, they get there own static ip. I do
> recall seeing someones config ages, but I never took note.

pico /etc/ppp/pap-secrets

george  [server domain]  ""      192.168.1.55
bob  [server domain]  ""      192.168.1.56
*  [server domain]  ""      192.168.1.67 192.168.1.68 192.168.1.69

The server domain is the router box that this config is on.  The "" means
read their password from the the passwd database.

The last line means any user on your system can login with their
username/password and will get the first IP address available from those
given.

This is my belief anyhow :P  Don't quote me on the above :)  I've only
half tested it.

Andrew.

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to