Matt wrote:
> 
> Although I have put quite a bit of effort trying to follow directions to
> setup Apache PHP and MySQL (to work seamlessly with each other), I still
> have not succeeded ..


I recently got this going with RedHat 6.1 (so I could test out IMP).  I
used the standard RH RPMs for apache (you need to install apache-devel
also), installed the RPMs for MySQL from mysql.org and built php3 from
source.  The main problem I had was that the PHP configure assumes mysql
is in /usr/local but the rpm is unstalled under /usr... so you need to
use:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr ...
make
make install

and everything works... almost!  The install puts an extra line in
httpd.conf.  The line it adds is incorrect so you need to delete it and
just uncomment the other lines for php3 which are already in the default
httpd.conf.

Overall it was much easier than I thought it was going to be :-)


Oh.. One other thing.  the php make install puts php3.ini in
/usr/local/lib which is a bit "out there".  There may be a configure
option to fix this but I didn't bother.



> Unfortunately I missed the Slug meeting a while back when PHP was covered.
> 
> I know that doing it manually is probably the best way, but for now .. is
> there any distribution that can get everything working for you straight off
> the install ? I heard SuSe 6.4 does this, is that correct ?
> 
> Other than devshed/webmonkey/linuxnewbie .. can anyone recommend another
> good source for installation instructions ? I get pretty close but things
> just dont work out ..
> 
> Thanks Guys !
> 
> Regards, Matt
> 
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text

-- 
Andrew Dorrell PhD.        Research Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia     Phone: 61 2 9805 2224 
1 Thomas Holt Drive,  North Ryde,  NSW 2113.     Fax:   61 2 9805 2929
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to