Rick, I couldn't agree more, but outside of the cap cities things are a
bit more conservative.  I too am steadily weaning my clients over and
nowadays I can be a bit more selective about knocking back Win jobs (or
charging the earth for dirtying my hands on them).

At 6:00 this morning I went around all of my managed sites and patched
their sendmail to block suspect emails, all whilst I was still in my
jammies.  Try doing that with that other toy.

Howard.
______________________________________________________
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Howard Lowndes wrote:
>  
> > I think a lot of Linux ppl are worried about it because they also have to
> > support evilware to make a crust.
> 
> Cheer up, Howard! *WE* create the reality ... we aren't victims of it!
> 
> I do contracting work strictly in the open source /Linux area
> and am getting more and more enquiries about how Linux can be
> deployed in the enterprise. And yes, I *always* de-FUD my clients
> before beginning a project, and complement them on their foresight
> and adventurous spirit in moving away from crappy, buggy, expensive
> solution to one that delivers on time and neverfails.
> 
> I'm not worried - I'm overworked!
> 
> And talk about job satisfaction. Since I dumped all Windows
> (read toy O/S) development years back, my brain feels better,
> I feel I've freed up several billion misused and abused neurons,
> and ... well, SLUGGERs know the drill :)
> 
> Cheers
> Rick W
> 
> 
> --
> Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services Pty Limited
> 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to