Thanks to those who gave advice on moving a directory and leaving a
symbolic link. Seems to work. As a matter of fact the whole system seems
better now that the pressure is off hd6. It was over 90% full.
Next. Back when I used another OS, I had a Norton Utilities program that
was a rescue package using both a floppy and a zip disk. Needless to
say, it came in handy. I don't believe there is anything like that for
Linux, but if I was to fill a zip with 100Mb of the most important
stuff, what would be the best candidates. This would be sort of a
partial backup of essentials since I don't have a tape unit or a CD
burner.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Richard
begin:vcard 
n:Blackburn;Richard
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0A		;;;;
note;quoted-printable:Just another day battlin' the ol' 2nd Law=0D=0Aof Thermodynamics.=0D=0A 
x-mozilla-cpt:;-26368
fn:Richard Blackburn
end:vcard

Reply via email to