Richard Blackburn wrote:

> Back when I used another OS, I had a Norton Utilities program that
> was a rescue package using both a floppy and a zip disk. Needless to
> say, it came in handy. I don't believe there is anything like that for
> Linux, but if I was to fill a zip with 100Mb of the most important
> stuff, what would be the best candidates.


There is *always* something for Linux!

First off, try out tomsrtbt (Toms Root Boot), which is a single floppy
distro of Linux with heaps (I mean *heaps*) of very useful utilities.

http://www.toms.net/rb/


Second in the ranks (and only because it's based on tomsrtbt) is the
Linuxcare bootable business card. It's a mini-cd with 40MB of Linux goodness
ready to fix anything you throw at it. It's saved me numerous times with
Linux boxes, NT machines, and even a Netware machine (ugh!).

http://linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/


If you come to the next SLUG meeting, I have a spare one I can give you.

- Jeff


-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -------------------------------------------------

   w: http://advogato.org/person/jdub/
   i: 16341281 (jdub!)
   q: "She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had
       already lost it."

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to