Hi Arthur,

> Chances are that LILO installed onto the MBR of your second (20Gig) HDD

Hmmmas I suspected, how do I get it to write to the mbr of the original
HDD?

> How were your drives setup as you installed RedHat? ie was your Win drive
> Primary Master RH Pri Slave CD-ROM as Secondary Slave???

Win is primary master and active and the second 20 gig drive
was primary slave. Cdrom was secondary master.

> Anyway, to be able to boot to win9x at all, it needs to be the first
> partition of the first disk attached. (ie from a linuz point of view, it
> would need to be ' /dev/hda1 ' with your redhat partition as ' /dev/hdb1 '
> or something similar.

ok I did a fdisk /mbr and windows now boots again and I can
boot to linux using my floppy so I am safe but it would be nice to somehow
tell lilo to write its info the mbr of my windows disk /dev/hda

Thnks for you help,

Melinda