On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:52:33PM +1000, Steve Kowalik wrote:
>       I've just gotten DocBook working, as i'm writting stuff in it, so
> i thought it be nice to view the finished product on my home machine :)
>       But, my question is, how can i use jade to output in PS, TeX,
> etc... without using the db2x filters cygnus/redhat has? If thats not
> possible, just tell me

see the sgmltools2 wrapper script.

unfortunately its written in python, so if you don't want to install a
whole python environment for such a trivial task:

(switch your brain into Makefile-mode)

docbook -> html:

mkdir outputdir; cd outputdir
jade -t sgml -d html.dsl file.sgml

docbook -> text (via html):

jade -t sgml -d html.dsl -V nochunks file.sgml \
 | w3m -T text/html -dump > file.txt
(or lynx, links, etc)

docbook -> tex:

jade -t tex -V tex-backend -d print.dsl -o file.tex file.sgml

tex -> dvi:

jadetex file.tex  (repeat as necessary)

tex -> pdf:

pdfjadetex file.tex  (repeat as necessary)

dvi -> ps:

dvips -o file.ps file.dvi

--
 - Gus