Alan L Tyree wrote:

Is anyone using DocBook? I'm looking at converting from LaTeX, but emacs
+ psgml does not seem to give the author support that I get with emacs +
auctex + reftex. Am I missing something? In particular, it would be nice
to have the support of reftex in pulling in bibtex references.
I tried using refdb for citing and bibliographies using DocBook -

http://refdb.sourceforge.net/

From recollection it converts bibtex files fairly neatly. I found it all a bit messy in terms of the markup needed for citing works in the way I needed (a modified Harvard system). It was certainly nice in terms of flexible conversion options though - rtf (I know - but other people I work with "just know" about it), pdf, html and so on. It also meant more mucking around with mysql than I had time for too.

Went back to LaTeX in the end; still haven't comletely solved the process of co-authoring stuff with people who use word processors.

Denis Crowdy

--
Department of Contemporary Music Studies
Macquarie University