On Mon, 07 Aug 2000, John Ferlito generated:

>       Cable connections will now have max bandwidth of 256k rather than 400k.

Apologies to everyone who's explained why O@H is no good for them but:
why would you bother at all with telescum?  I mean... optus cable is
download capped at 3Mbit, like almost 10 times that of BPA cable and
ADSL.  For roughly the same price.

ADSL can in theory do 8Mbit.  I can't back this up, I heard from a
friend, but if that's true, then why are Smellstra so keen to limit
everyone's access?  Can't their infrastructure cope with such a high
bandwidth?  What kind of service do they think people will pay for?

Optus servers can be flakey, but they're never as bad as BPA.
Apparently the BPA mailservers were down for 7 days and mail was lost.
Optus servers have been known to be down for 3-4 hours at most, with no
lossage.

It really makes me wonder what is going on with that company.

</rant>

--
jamesw

"I've been up before.  I've just never been up with people."
                -- Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer