> Jamie Honan wrote:
>
> I really prefer a non-propietary format.

Same here, but I haven't played with 'proper' backup under *nix before...

This perked up my interest as I have a client who's stuck backing up on a
Win2K machine, but they have all their data on the Linux box. I've made a
script that bzips it and copies it across, but the better solution would be
to plug the bachup unit into the Linux box.

Trouble is, with my lack of experience using the standard *nix tools for
backup, and this client's pathalogical fear of anything without an interface
(yay for e-smith in this case), I can't see cpio, tar, etc being accepted.

What to do? Any recommendations from Penguinillas that have trod this path
before me? (I'm growing a beard...)

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.