Daniel Freedman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to mount unusual partitions under
> linux

man mount

If linux can recognise the FS type, then it can mount it.

> recognises the file (like, say, maybe old Mac
> (not even sure what filesystem they use) or even Apple II/IIgs disks
> (which were ProDos??)).

The trick is finding if someone has coded this, either in system stuff
or a app.

> I have some data (probably in ascii format or at least in something
> relatively close) on
> these floppies that I'd love to move to a usable machine.

You need to think first about the filesystem on the floppy.

> I scrounged a little around on the mount manpage as well as for info on
> fstab, but I couldn't find these filesystems.

Try http://freshmeat.net (?) and search for filesystem stuff. Try
searching at google.com.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.