From: Jobst Schmalenbach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 August 2000 1:34
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Redirecting mail in /var/spool/mail/username

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:22:56PM +1000, MacFarlane, Jarrod
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I have a user with 100 messages sitting in /var/spool/mail/username. I'd
> like to redirect the mail in that mailbox to another user, on another mail
> system.
>
> Is there anyway to move all messages in their mailbox to another external
> email address?

That depends on your setup. If you have sendmail you could set an alias
in the "aliases" file of your system, depending of your version it
will be located in /etc/mail if sendmail_version > 8.10 and in
/etc if sendmail version <= 8.9.X:

username: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

or alternatively you could put a ".forward" file in the users home dir
with the address pointing at the new mailbox.

sources:

 man sendmail
 man aliases

 /usr/doc/sendmail-X.X.X

 /usr/lib/sendmail-cf

jobst

--
<Hoju> Keyboard solo! skskskskskskskskskskskskskskskskskskskskksksksksks

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Technical
Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L

|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162,
Australia|