From: Rev Simon Rumble [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 August 2000 11:48 PM
To: rolyaT yuG
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Storage Area Networks

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 01:59:26PM +0200, rolyaT yuG uttered:
> Can anybody give me a simple breakdown of how SANS work...

Take hard disk.  Stick hard disk in box with CPU, memory and network
connection.  Add software (firmware) that does Samba type stuff.  Get
marketing department to come up with new acronym.  Attempt to become
more than a hard disk manufacturer and get a bigger piece of the action.

(That was my understanding of it.  Feel free to prove me wrong.)

--
Rev Simon Rumble       "Athens built the Acropolis.  Corinth was a
commercial