Hi,

I don't know if this question has been answered somewhere in the list.
I just need a someone out there to tell me how to fix this.

Q: How can I fix the partition table in order to see my drive D again?

Before I have installed Mandrake 7.1 (helium) on my harddisk, I was running
Win98/SE.  I have partitioned the harddisk into three parts. They are C, D,
and E.  In order to install Linux, I have moved all data from E: to D:and
start installing Linux on E. Everything went fine and I have successfully
installed Linux on my computer.

Bad things has happened on my harddisk is that the drive D is gone. I tried
to use fdisk from Microsoft to look at the partition setting, and the
program told me that there is no more drive D.

Then I went back to Linux and I have found that Linux has mounted my drive D
successfully and I can see the data in drive D from Linux without problem.

So, what is happening here? Is this telling me drive D drive E has to be in
same OS format?

My last resort is to forget about drive D and format it for Linux. However,
my Win98 is installed in drive D, which means I have to move my Win98 to
drive C before I can reformat drive D.

This is terrible, please help.

Regards,
Martin Chan