Martin Chan wrote:

> Bad things has happened on my harddisk is that the drive D is gone. I tried
> to use fdisk from Microsoft to look at the partition setting, and the
> program told me that there is no more drive D.
>
> Then I went back to Linux and I have found that Linux has mounted my drive D
> successfully and I can see the data in drive D from Linux without problem.

This sounds like what happened to an old install of Win95 of mine. One
day it just decided not to work anymore - Windows wouldn't boot (my C
drive was the one damaged). Of course Linux could still mount it and
read it okay.

At the time I wasn't game to go poking around in the partition table,
and I wasn't even sure that that was where the problem was. So I ended
up using Linux to back up my important stuff, then I formatted the
partition and reinstalled 95.

Of course, this incident was the final straw, as far as my windows use
was concerned... and I've barely used it since.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Matthew