Hi.

I have been trying to get an epson stylus colour 900 printer set up on my RedHat 6.2 linux PC so that my win98 PC's can print to it. I can print fine in Linux using lpr -Plp filename.
I am using SAMBA 2.0.6. I can see the printer over the network fine. I also have linux file shares set up which work fine.
I just don't seem to be able to get the printing bit to work.

my settings in smb.conf are as follows:

[epson]
comment = epson printer
path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
read only = No
guest ok = Yes
print ok = Yes
print command = lpr -r -h -P %p %s
printer name = lp

I don't have an Epson stylus colour 900 listed in the printtool option in Linux so I am just choosing the Epson Stylus Color (UP) printer.

The windows side of things seems to install OK. I use the correct windows driver for the printer, but when I try to print a test page I get

there was an error writing to \\servername\epson for printer type   (note: I have tried using lp as well)
there was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown system error
restart windows and try printing again etc etc etc

Obviously I have tried that..
I have tried printing direct to the spool etc

anyone have any ideas???
It would make my friday to have this sorted so I can enjoy a few beers tonight.

regards

Alister