From: Jason Rennie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

>Hi all,
>
>Due to some odd behavior with my adsl link,
>
>How do i set the mtu on network interfaces under win95 and winnt ?
>
>It was easy enough on linux, but windows is a mystery.
>
>Anybody know ?

When looking for information on Windows, this URL is your friend
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp

To answer your question:

On NT/2000 (Q120620,
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q120/6/42.asp)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<adapter
name>\Parameters\Tcpip

Create a REG_DWORD called 'MTU' with the value of the MTU.
Create a REG_DWORD called 'RouterMTU' with the MTU for non local packets.

On 9x/Me (Q158474
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/74.asp)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\netTrans\<binding
number>

Create a REG_SZ (string) called 'MaxMTU' with the value of the MTU.

Naturally, the resultant MTU for both the above systems will be the minimum
of the discoverd MTU (using path MTU discovery) and the MTU specified.

John Wiltshire